How a Filipino Brand Threads the Vision for Every Generation To communicate and reconnect: Ano ba ang Baybayin?
Our ancestors have abundantly blessed us with so many treasures when it comes to culture and artistry. They communicated to the next generations through a pre—Spanish Philippine writing system called Baybayin, a Filipino word which means “to write or spell”.
And as the era evolved, every Filipino must foster the importance and beauty of Baybayin passed down to us.
That’s why Legazy® used its voice as a platform to honor our pre-colonial writing system and to reconnect with our roots through a Filipino made Baybayin Streetwear.
HERE’S HOW LEGAZY® MATERIALIZED A FUTURE-PROOF BRAND VISION:
- THE PURPOSE: The Filipino’s DNA
To learn about your past is to remind you of your deepest identity as a Filipino. Legazy® believes that this modern street is a great avenue for us to showcase a local brand’s Baybayin Streetwear. To remind the present and future generation the importance of living what our ancestors fought for long ago.
- THE SEARCH
Our team hunted and searched first for the handpicked heroes that will help our Legazy® thread the line of products.
- THE ALLIANCE
We set forth to meet the local hands in one of the provinces known for excellent craftsmanship in producing garments in Luzon – Bulacan.
- THE LINE
The Line of Tees
This bite-sized guide could give you a glimpse of how the local tailors from Bulacan crafted the 100% Filipino-made line of Baybayin Shirt:
- Shearing – turns a plain canvas into precise measurements followed by an accurate cut
- Attachment –unites the sleeves and neckband
- Legazy® Mark- carves the seal of Legazy® from the neck tape, the brand label, up to the imprinted Baybayin marks
- Trim – polishes and subtracts the unwanted and excess pieces of threads from the over-all attachment
- Selection – organizes the sizes, hues, and designs of each Tee
- Finishing Touches– refines the imperfections and completion of the final product
Wondering what each Baybayin statement looks like?: Own your identity through the Line of Baybayin Shirts here: https://eyeknowright.com.ph/collections/baybayin-shirts-sining-by-legazy
The Line of Caps
Here’s how a cap-forging enthusiast with 38 years in the caps industry named Mang Gary threaded the line of Legazy® Baybayin caps:
- Cut – applies the pattern of Legazy® through smooth and sharp cutting of each piece
- Assemble – sews the major parts together to merge the panels, fabric, and rubber foam
- Attachment – fastens the straps, special strap clip, top button, and the visor
- Seal– secures the crown of our Legazy® to culminate the crafting of another masterpiece
Heads up to own what Legazy® Line of Baybayin Caps stored for you: https://eyeknowright.com.ph/collections/line-of-caps-sining
- THE LEGAZY® : Bridging the generation gaps, from the ground up
Threading the line to reach every generation, Legazy®, a Baybayin Streetwear with great passion for Filipino culture and artistry, deeply honors the legacy that our ancestors passed down to our generations.
With our Filipino tailors, a local brand like Legazy® will keep on threading the line to reach every generation through Baybayin Streetwear; like how our ancestors fated us to do.
Honoring thy roots, one generation at a time.